Sunday, March 01, 2009

Day Thirteen: The Little Things

Erin commented that she has been reading my daily journal but often hasn't known what to comment about because all of this has been very personal/serious/deep/whatever adjective you want to insert here. I agree and think it is part of the reason I've been tired lately. Don't get me wrong...I have loved it and am SO thankful for each and every surprise I've been blessed with. I just know that feeling of "brain overload". You know.....so much is in there that your head might explode. I can tell it is coming. Apparently God can too because He decided to give me a break from the serious surprises. I am please to share that this was just a light, fun day filled with little surprises that only I can really appreciate! :) So here is a list of some of the ways that God was good to me today:

1. I have discovered that I really enjoy cooking - especially for other people. I spent about an hour today looking up new recipes, anticipating when I'll get to make them, and who it will be for. Seriously, if I cook for you, you can bet that I thought about you the entire time I was making it. There was also most likely some prayer over you as it was being prepared as well. It is becoming a love language for me.

2. I was able to get all of my errands completed in about two hours today rather than the three or four I was anticipating. And I didn't forget anything!

3. I ran into someone that I met on the retreat last weekend on the way out the door at church this morning. Doesn't sound like a big deal but I thought I had missed her. It was like seeing a long lost friend. She's going to be someone important....I can tell.

4. I broke down and finally bought the Hello Love album and a new album by Barenaked Ladies (BNL) from iTunes. I already love them both for such different reasons. Chris Tomlin helps me worship and BNL makes me laugh. Two great things to do on this day!

5. Erin got her WAY adorable new layout so I got the steal her temporary one that I happen to think is fabulous!

6. I had the kids during Life Group tonight and they were SO good! We talked about the Fruit of the Spirit using a lesson I found online. They were so precious. I do love those boys and girls!

7. It is time for my next memory verse and I chose Psalm 40:5 - Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.

What can I say......It was a great day overflowing with the little joys that make an ordinary day a blessing!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I'm glad you got lots of fun surprises all through out the day! And your blog is cute! :)