Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thirty Days Later....

Last night, as I wrapped up the last post about my 30 days, I'll admit that I got pretty teary eyed. There was nothing magical about the month except that I was so much more aware of God's presence in my day. Things that didn't mean anything to anyone but me. While I know that He does not stop showing up because the 30 days are over, it almost felt like a loss. Come today, there He was - showing up where ever He pleased and surprising me. I'm not going to lie, it really made me feel good. Between Erin, traffic, and just getting home, He worked His way in there. I love it!

I took some time and re-read the past thirty days. It was so sweet! Looking at what I have seen and experienced was such a blessing. I looked for threads that wove themselves through the month. Here are just a few words that came to mind as I read: mercy, humility, compassion, community, and tangible representations of unseen concepts. Above all, people were a HUGE part of my days. It has convicted me of the need for each other and what that means. I don't think He is finished with that so I'm looking forward to what that means in days to come.

About four or five days into this, I talked to Erin about not posting the journal because of its length and depth. She encouraged me to do what would benefit the whole thing most. She is so wise. You can obviously tell what I decided to do. So I want to thank you for indulging me the past 30 days. I know the posts have been LONG (they could have been much longer) and pretty personal at times. I didn't put everything out there. Some of you have been privy to some additional struggles and joys that didn't make it to the public eye. Thanks for taking part in this in your own way.

I really do encourage you to give this a try. It's simple - ask God to do His thing throughout your day and keep your eyes open. It's personal and touches exactly where He needs to do some work. He has always been there but this opens your spiritual eyes. You don't have to post you experience but if you decided to take the plunge, shoot me an email. I'd love to hear what He's doing for you. It would be a joy and blessing in my life but not half as much as it will be for you.

As I close this thing out, I have to share a scripture (Ephesians 3:17 - 21) I found myself praying on Tuesday night. At the time, it was for a dear friend but now I pray it over you in hopes that you will see God and have your socks knocked off. With great love -

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments: