Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Recap....

Spring Break 2009 is officially at an end. In less than 12 hours, it will be back to the grind stone for another three weeks before Easter break (but who's counting?). Erin asked me on Thursday it I'm ready for summer yet and initially I said no. However, this week has given me a peek into what it will be like. With no moving or job changes this summer, I don't know what I'll do with myself! Anyway..... Here is my recap of the week:

- Impact Garage Sale - made $27,000 for the Impact church! On a weekend of yucky weather, we are thankful!

- Shopping - I say that I'm in need of some new things when I know that is so superficial. I'll be honest though...it was fun. I could have done some damage but I exercised some self control. I'm pleased with what I got!

- Trip to Pleasanton - good visit! The only thing I would change is that I would get to see Darla. Next visit though.... Bonus, I got lots of time to visit with Erin while sitting on I-10 (a couple of times). The extra hour of our trip due to construction was not a highlight but we did get in more time together. Gotta look for that silver lining! Plus, I'm deluding myself to think that at five months Liz recognizes me. She's just so sweet and so big! She is my favorite little girl!

- Lunch with friends - I love long lunches with girlfriends! Especially if you haven't seen them in a few weeks. Good times!

- Spring! - officially Spring is here! I'm not too sure why but this is VERY exciting to me this year!

- No work! - I had about three projects I was going to work on this week for school. Didn't even start to look at any of them! I don't even feel guilty about it!

- Parents came into town - playing risk with the family and time to visit. Good times!

- Extended family photo shoot - I always enjoy time with the entire family. I think my favorite moment was when Malory stepped out of the car and saw all 22 of us standing there. She was warned but I guess seeing us all together was something else. There is always a thing or two that gets a laugh. Happened today. :) This may be vain but I really enjoy having my picture taken. They may not always turn out the best but it is fun. Watching others being photographed is fun too.

- Reading! - I finished one book and am almost finished with two more. I think the total is about 400 pages this week. It can't compete with Erin's 2,500 pages a few weeks ago but it is such a blessing to have the time to just enjoy books! Besides, I am a SLOW reader!

Overall, a good week. I'm rested and more ready to get back to it than I was a week ago. Hope you all had a great week!

4 comments:

Darla said...

Aw-w-w! Thanks for missing me. I was on the longest 6 hour trip...it took 9 hours! Construction! And Austin traffic hour. I got in too late for church. I missed seeing you.

Amy said...

It was great to have some time at home and in Houston with you!!

jenn said...

ok, you ARE NOT a slow reader!!!
glad you had a good week and are rested for the week ahead!!

Mindi Tipps said...

I loved Spring Break while teaching and I'm glad you got some much needed rest, time with family and friends and reading time!