Sunday, March 08, 2009

Day Twenty: Laughing

As many of you know, I tend to be a more serious person. I know - shock. Lately though, there seems to be an increase of intensity within me. Not necessarily bad intense but just lots to think about and consider. Most have been huge blessings. They just make my brain tired from trying to process it all. Today has been no exception until....

On the way to life group tonight, I decided to call Mom for our daily chat. Towards the end of our conversation, I asked about one of her co-workers. She was relaying a story to me and I started to laugh. Not really a belly laugh but a pretty decent giggle. The story wasn't that funny but for whatever reason, out it came. It felt SO good - like bubbles floating up through my chest and out my mouth! I tried to remember when the last time was that I just laughed. Sadly, I cannot remember. Not that things are bad, just serious. Within a split second (and while still listening to Mom, of course), it seemed as if God whispered, "There it is! I made that sound and you've been holding it in. Relax and just let it go!" So I did. After we hung up, I just sat in my car and laughed for a good two or three minutes. No reason other than it was just time. I went in feeling really good.

I think that is a prayer I need to lift up. Lord, let me relax and see more humor around me. Help me to let it go and give me the gift of laughter!

No comments: