Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Thirty: Timing

This morning began by the reading of the end of Esau's journal, a prayer, and the sound of my family in my parents' living room. I "got dressed" and headed out to see Dad, Erin, and Liz. Mom joined us a little bit later. I forgot how nice it is to start the day in your PJs with those you love. Sweet surprise right off the bat.

Jackie came over for lunch. She is such a sweet friend. That is a weird thought. Your first boyfriend's mother is now your friend. At 16, I could have never guessed. My heart does love this woman! She came to meet Liz and share lunch with us. I was thinking about today being day thirty as we sat by each other and it felt like I was hit upside the head with.... "Dana! You finished the book today. You know it is time to pass this on and this is who gets it next!" Anytime you get your head hit, it's a surprise. I tucked that away for a better time, anxious to do the hand off.

A little bit later, Erin and I went to Caleb's shop. It was the place to be this afternoon! We got there and he had customers lined up at the counter. We looked around and then got to have time to visit. As we looked around, I was just amazed again at my friend. I remember when he was throwing around the idea of a shop and now, four years later, the shop is flourishing. He is a business owner and has more confidence because of it. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not surprised at his success. I'm surprised by the transformation of the past few years. Erin mentioned that she saw it too. God can do some amazing things when we are faithfully waiting on Him and letting Him do His thing. Caleb is such an example of that.

Fast forward a few hours and there I sit in the ladies class talking about Herodius and feeling like I have a huge bulls eye on my heart. I'm not sure if anyone else could see it but God and I could. That is all that matters. Surprise, God let the lessons fall in such a way that the one I needed to hear was on the night I was visiting. He is SO good! Immediately after class, I got in line to talk to Jackie. I'll admit that I was nervous about it. I can see why some people would not be as receptive to this 30-experiment as others. However, when someone's name is screamed into your head, you hand over the book. Usually it is hard for me to let someone take one of my books. It is like handing off a friend. This time was very easy though - very right. I handed off the book and am now anxious to see what happens for her. I know that God has some things up His sleeves when she decides to jump in. Here's prayers for you, girl! It's going to be good!

I'm tempted to write more about this being day 30 but for now, I will just enjoy where I've seen God today. Tomorrow, I'll do the recap. I don't think it will end today though. Tomorrow may be day 31, Friday will be day 32, and on, and on. We'll see.......

3 comments:

Amy said...

I so admire your taking this on - I know it has blessed your life and given you new aspects on how God works in your life!! Continue sharing those surprises -

I love you -

Hol said...

Thanks for the comment. I realized last night in our Bible class, it was enjoyable helping and watching J help some of the little ones read. One boy in particular did a great job sounding out some harder words. It made both J and I smile, and later comment to each other about it.

I hope you're having a nice visit with your family! See you next week.

Jackie said...

It's simmering on that burner.