Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Twenty Nine: Worked Up

What a day it has been! Erin and I hit the road about 10:30 this morning to make it to Pleasanton in time for Little Girl to eat at 2:00. I forgot how quickly the trip can go when you have someone to travel with! We visited the whole way about everything from books to parenting (well, I mainly listened on that point). It was very nice to have a few uninterrupted hours with my sister all to myself.

We got here and out came the grandparents. Mom and Dad came out too. Immediately there was one star in the house. I'll let you have one guess as to who it was but I'll give you a hint - it wasn't me. :) Liz got lots of love from lots of people who adore her.

At one point, I snuck off to visit with Caleb for a few minutes on the phone. He is such a blessing to me. Having a friend since you were seven can sure bring make you thankful! What a blessing! We have a really good time together. He can be honest with me and I know it is filled with love. I know there isn't a sour bone in this man's body. We know where the other is coming from. Besides Gregg, he is as close as it gets to a brother for me.

Then, about 6:45, I headed over to bible study. It went pretty well. I felt myself getting worked up at times but I tried to control it. For whatever reason, God sometimes just makes me get so wound up that I trip over the excitement. I never know how it comes across but I'm just thankful to be in a relationship with Him that makes that part of me come alive. Everytime it happens, I get surprised. It makes me really miss my Life Group. There is something precious about being intimately connected to those around you. Studying God and getting into each other's stuff can really bond people together. Especially when you get so worked up that you lose your words but they know what you are getting at.

I think that is my favorite thing about God. When He gets under your skin, you can't help but get worked up. I think that is something that I am really looking forward to in reading Sacred Pathways. I know it can be frustrating to not have others share your passion. However, I do believe that everyone does have a passion for God. We all get wound up and worked up about Him. We just do it in different ways and for different reasons. I think that knowing what gets people worked up about God would change the way that we see not only each other but even ourselves. What I get worked up about is different than what you get worked up about. What triggers my spirit to draw closer to God is different that what draws other hearts to God. This is where unity comes it. This is what God wants - all of us worked up about Him together but in deeply personal ways that He custom fit for us. This is one of our callings - a unified body that loves and embraces the individualism our creative God calls us to. Surprise, God wants us to be unified! Well duh......

No comments: