Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day Twenty Three: Biggest Loser?

God was gracious today and let me sleep until my alarm clock went off. It was nice. Some days, the bed is just too comfortable to get out of and other days, I'm ready to jump up. Today it was too comfortable. Oh well....

At work we are doing a biggest loser competition. I've got about fifteen pounds I need to shed so why not? This morning was weigh in and for the third straight week in row, I'm at the same weight. I'll be honest and admit that I haven't exactly been busting it to make any of that really happen. I have gotten better with my eating but that is about it. When the nurse recorded my weight, I just sighed and stepped off the scale. She responded, "At least you didn't gain so you don't have to pay in." Yeah, I know. It is just discouraging to not be moving at all.

It got me to thinking about our lives and how easy is it to just stay where we are. Not really requiring much of you but at the end of the day, you're discouraged. We are called to so much more than than where we are right now. I know God doesn't want us to just stay as we are. He has so much more in store for us and not only in the life to come. He wants us to have life NOW. I'll admit that as much work as I have seen God do in the past few years, there are parts of my life He would probably like to see me light a fire under. I could go into it but that gets pretty personal. Sorry - even for this open book, I'd like to reserve that one. I'm sure you understand.

So..... along with getting my rear in gear with our biggest loser contest, I'm taking the advice Mom gave me a week ago tonight and making a few other changes. It felt inspired and has stuck with me for a week. Last night was our last session of bible study until September. It was so good but it's time to dig in with another group. I've already talked to a girl at a church with a pretty active singles group. The "young professional" ladies are having a bible study every other Tuesday night and I'll be attending that after Spring Break. I thought it might be a good way to meet some new people and stay in the Word. So I'm thinking God is going to bless that one in more than one way. We'll see though....His ways are higher than ours!

On a side note, there has been something going on at work in the past few weeks that I have neglected to mention. Oops! At work, I have been asked to help out with curriculum on the district level for two different subject areas this summer! This is right up my alley! I'm pumped and feel pretty honored. Truth be told, it really makes me feel like this is exactly where I need to be. It's very strange to feel like you are right where you should be but are longing for something more, something deeper (yikes - another blog for another day). Anyway...it's just two days over the summer so that means some big work leading up to it. It's a bit overwhelming because our district has 32 elementary schools that will be effected by what we do this summer. That is a bit overwhelming to think about but I'm so excited! I definitely don't feel like a loser here! :)

2 comments:

jenn said...

~The curriculum assignment is amazing! I'm so proud of you and for you!!!
~Our Tuesday night is starting a new Bible Study too; you know it...Called amd Accountable!! Jamie and I are going to facilitate it. It will be interesting to see how my answer differ from when we did it before, I am in such a different place! I'll let you know how it goes.

Amy said...

Your mommy loves you very, very much!!