Monday, March 30, 2009

Hobbits and Gollums and Food - Oh My!

Tonight I was going to meet a friend for dinner in the Montrose area. After getting off dreaded I-10, it was such a nice drive. I rode through all of the areas where I used to run. I forgot how pretty and unique that part of town is. Part of me would LOVE to live there. For now, just a quick drive through was perfect.

Lyndsey picked Ruggles Grill but when we got there, it was closed. We didn't have a Plan B in place but she remembered a little hole in the wall place she stopped by once. She led the way and we stopped in from of....."The Hobbit Cafe". Yes - I had dinner in a Lord of the Rings themed restaurant. Gollum was in the corner when you entered, maps and movie posters were on the walls, and Hobbit signs were everywhere. The outside looked a little "fairy-tale-ish" so that made it even more interesting. The staff was exactly like you would stereotypically predict. I thought it added to the charm. Honestly, I nearly couldn't control the waves of giggles that kept hitting me each time I looked around! However, as weird as it may sound, the food was really good! They had a wide variety of things and it was all fresh. Some of the dishes were as unique as the place but I was impressed. My dinner was good and everyone else's food looked/smelled really good too. I would go back and as embarrassing as it may be, I would recommend it too.

Here's to dinner with Frodo!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Wow. That's funny. What did you eat?!

*Lin* said...

LoL! *clink* Here's to fantastic random restaurants!

Mindi Tipps said...

Wow! Are you serious? You'll have to take us there next time we're in Houston, that would be fun to see! :)