Friday, March 13, 2009

Day Twenty Five: From the Car to the Living Room

My day started off with a light rain outside my window and a fresh cold front sitting at my door. So I did what anyone in their right mind would do - slept in for an extra hour. I dragged myself out of bed about 6:30, got ready, and made my way to work. I have to admit that my Friday morning drive to work is my favorite. All of the energy corridor pretty much works a four day week so that means that on Friday morning, traffic is significantly lighter. I can stop, pick up breakfast, and make it to work in less time than when I just get in the car and go straight there on any other day of the week. Yes, Friday morning traffic is so much better! I always forget about it and get a nice little surprise to end my week.

I found a professional development that I would like to attend. I'm not sure if it will be accepted but we'll see in a few weeks. It has some pretty big implications if I get a yes. More than likely, I'll be adding a HUGE responsibility to my load at work if it happens. I'm starting to second guess the proposal..... Maybe I'll email my boss tomorrow with my concerns.....

The weather made us cancel our Spring Fling today. Usually on the Friday before Spring Break, our wonderful PTO takes the kids outside for an hour so we get that time to plan/work. Not on a cold, wet day. Instead, we had a long indoor recess. It is always fun to listen in on kids playing. You sure learn a lot! Today, I learned that if you are mean to a friend, that makes the devil happy and you will go "down there" when you die. It's true! Just ask my six year old! In her words, "If you don't believe me, ask God. He always tells the truth!" :) Then the switch got flipped. That same little girl was the ring leader in excluding a little girl that wants nothing more to be included and just doesn't know how. I have to admit that the longer I teach, the more convinced I am that little girls are the meanest, most manipulative people on earth. I don't know where it comes from but God bless the parents that fight that battle for us everyday! Surprise - girls are mean! I know....that's not really news to anyone but it still surprises me every time my girls go after each other. How can something so sweet have such ugly sides too? I just don't get it..... I'm just eternally thankful that God makes all things beautiful in their time.

This evening has been quite tough. As I am taking part in Lent, I have really taken on a lot. I have chosen to give up something that is proving to be embarrassingly difficult for me. Somehow, I have noticed a habit of biting off more than I can chew. I don't know what withdrawl is like but this has got to be some of it. It is taking every ounce of self control I have not to just give in. I am more than surprised by how hard this has been. I am SHOCKED! Maybe that means it really is something that I needed to give up. Prayers for "stick-with-it-ness" are greatly appreciated!

My brain is tired and so are my eyes. I'm sure I'll look over this tomorrow and realize how little sense I am making. Oh well - Tomorrow morning is going to come quickly, full of things to do. Have a good night and sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can relate to your enjoyment of Friday mornings - when dad meets the guys on Thursdays for breakfast, I sometimes leave early and treat myself to a Whataburger breakfast biscuit! It's nice to have those little breaks along the way during a busy week!