Two weeks ago, I made a decision - Get rid of cable. I called and cancelled it. I bought an antenna and what do you know but it didn't work. I had every intention to go get a more powerful one after work today so I boxed it up and placed it by my bag last night. But....
This morning I was brushing my teeth, a thought crossed my mind - what if I just didn't have TV? Really. Let's just think about this -
- Last week before the antenna was purchased, I got so much done. I'm getting back so much time.
- I'm never home to use it.
- All of the shows I enjoy (except one) are online. I can watch them anytime I want with minimal to no commercials.
- I can't "accidentally" pick up a new show.
- My mind is sheltered from so much!
- Time is given back to me - for God, for others, for reading, for being domestic.
- TV watching is now a social event is which other people are involved.
- All of that money is being put to better purposes.
- My home is now truly a place to relax fully.
So I took the antenna back today and didn't get a stronger one. My TV is officially set to permanent static! It feels really extreme but freeing at the same time. I don't know how long this will last but for the time being, TV is for DVDs only. So if you need to disconnect for a bit, come on over! There's so much we can do together!
I think I'm about to learn a lot about listening....