Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yeah for scars!

Recently a friend blogged about the healing of relationships. In it she used the analogy that watching a relationship mend is like watching a bruise heal. My mom responded that we should learn from our bruises and not be hurt that way again. She added that in additions to bruises, scars are reminders to keep us from getting hurt in the future. Mom, I have to disagree.

I think that scars and bruises are signs of life. After all, how do you get a bruise or a scar? By living, taking part in something, not sitting on the sidelines. Why would I want to give something up because I got hurt? That is the beautiful thing about injury - it goes away. The bruise is gone and if there is a scar...you get a reminder of how you have grown. If anything, it allows you to give glory to God for the healing and the change you have undergone.

The way I see it, we all have a choice. We can either be careful and watch life pass us by so we don't get hurt OR we can heal and jump back in the midst of things. Personally, I like the idea of actually living my life. In other words...Bring on the scars!

2 comments:

jenn said...

i agree! i also think that multiple repeated scars from the same situation should turn on that lightbulb after a period of time. Live life and enjoy it, but don't live to keep (continue) going back (repeated) harmful situation.

and yes give God the glory of changed lives and give a chance to see the change in that person played out. I love you so much!

jenn said...

oh yeah, i LIKE your picture! who are those crazies?!?!?!?!?!