Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Silver Lining

While this is not a bad week, it sure is crazy! Here's the schedule:

Monday - Meetings until 5:00 and make it to the bank before it closes.
Tuesday - Two meetings that ran until 6:00 and work until 8:00
Wednesday - Church (Finally - a normal day!)
Thursday - Coaching with my Balanced Literacy coach and Fall Festival until 7:30-ish
Friday - Leave for Corpus

I know, that Friday thing doesn't look too bad but it is the third in about 6 weekends where there is something planned. I am being reminded heavily that time is most definitely NOT my own. So what do I do when I feel that nag to complain? Look for the moments that made me smile along the way. Thanks for indulging yet another list!

  1. A former student emailed me saying that "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!" - the wisdom of a 7th grader! :)
  2. The city lights of San Marcos as seen from my classroom window at 8:00pm.
  3. Opening the windows and turning the air conditioning off.
  4. Writing units of study for the team
  5. Watching growth in people
  6. A student running at full force to crash into me for his version of a hug
  7. Reading the book at the end of the long day that I will most certainly blog about later.
Sometimes its the little things that get you through and keep you in check!

No comments: