Thursday, October 26, 2006

Smelling the Roses

Tomorrow I am being observed in guided reading by my Balanced Literacy coach. I brought the book home to plan and was going to get right on it after church. Oh well.....

A friend came by that I haven't really seen in a while. I had some extra tamales so I thought I would share with him during his incredibly busy week. I got home about 8:45 and he stopped by about 9:15. We started talking and the next thing I know, it is late. How late? Well, the clock on my computer says 1:22 a.m. as I type this blog & he just left. Have I planned anything? Nope. Will I regret it in the morning? Maybe. Would I change visiting with him if I could? Not a chance!

Sometimes, we just need to catch up with friends. We need to stop running like chickens with our heads cut off and just be real people. We need to see how each other is doing, laugh, and just relax. I'll read the book tonight and get up in the morning to finish the plans. It will be fine because I stopped my chaotic life for a moment to actually live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

living is great isn't it!!! i'm glad that you paused in your crazy buziness to remember and take part in that!

Amy said...

I'm sure you did fine, because you are a natural teacher. Glad you were able to catch up. Have a fun weekend!