Monday, October 23, 2006

Found It!

So often I find myself reflecting back on my past. You know, choices I've made, things I've said, places I've gone. I am a very retrospective person and that can have its pros and cons. I can see growth and change. At the same time, sometimes it is easy to dwell in the past. Recently, one thing has been made abundantly clear. God does not call me to look back.

Everyone has a favorite bible verse. They hold it as almost a mantra. I think that I have found mine.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out
of darkness into his wonderful light. - I Peter 2:9

This verse reminds me of so many wonderful things. First, I am an Old Testament junkie. Honestly, I would rather spend time there than the New Testament. This verse pulls in so many references to the Old Testament but also ties it to the New. Beautiful! It is also a perfect snapshot of looking at our true identities. No matter what we might have been so far, this is who we are today. It gives us our new name and our new purpose.

So today remember one thing - You are chosen, royal, holy, and a belonging of God. I don't care who you are, that should make your heart smile!

No comments: