Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Reading Between the Lines


For so long, I ached for New York but now, I find myself missing our cabin in Colorado. The river was such a comfort - I wish I would have spent more time there. I miss the quiet and stillness. I long for it. I think that is where I see God best. One of my favorite stories in the Bible is when Elijah askes to see God and after many big events, he appears in a gentle whisper. That is where I meet God. In the small moments. Sure, big things definitely get my attention but it is in between the lines that God takes my breath away.

3 comments:

jenn said...

wow, that was beautiful!
i was thinking about that story of Elijah and the gentle whisper on Sunday!
FYI we have a time share at the Summit- it's not the colorado, but it is off the beaten path. past canyon late on the guadalupe it's a neat place. We should plan a weekend there sometime!
I Love you!

Amy said...

I'll pack the car and pick you up in no time!!It was so peaceful to be there and to seek out that beauty. Thanks for reminding me!
Love you -

Cryssy said...

my parents have a time share not far from Vail, Colorado...but their week is in June. Guess that doesn't help much now. Love ya