Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rude Awakening

One thing that I looked forward to every year of high school was Camp Blue Haven. A week in the mountains to praise God and be with friends. Very few things can even begin to compare. There was only one thing that I dreaded - the shower house! Here was the routine: get up with the weather in the 50's, go to the shower house, and follow the water rules. Get wet and turn the water off, lather up, and turn the water back on to rinse. The rule of thumb (that I remember) was water on for a total of two minutes. As annoying as it could be, I actually was semi-alright with it because it was cold and I don't do cold well (understatement of the day).

This morning, I had a flashback to CBH. The boiler in my complex broke so I got to start my day with a VERY cold shower. Needless to say, I woke up very quickly! My teeth were chattering and I was trying unsuccessfully not to cry. (Don't ask. That's just how my body reacts to being very, very cold.) My thought process jumped into CBH shower rules and that's what I did. Get wet, water off, lather up, water on, and rinse. The whole time, all I could think was, "I AM NOT AT CAMP!"

I think I tied my all time fastest shower time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it certainly put a smile on my face oooh cold water you are brave!!i hate the cold too

jenn said...

i think i would have resorted to a sponge bath or something, i like cold water when i'm swimming at night or in the frio---ooh the blue hole!!!! but not when in the shower. atleast it could only go up from there!
luvya :)

The Johnsons said...

Ah. Military style showering at blue haven. Good memories!