Monday, October 09, 2006

Thoughts for the day

I've thought about going to grad school for a while. I have let nerves and finances hold me back when the truth is, I've not been ready to take that step. I was talking to a co-worker about it after school today and it hit me really hard how badly I want my masters. I love being a student! Especially when it is focused on what I am passionate about and will help me be better in my field.

Therefore, I am setting a goal for myself. I would like to apply next fall to a program and start working towards my masters by the spring of 2008. This gives me time to start being able to afford it and also decide if I want to specialize in reading or in curriculum and instruction. I know that I would like to graduate before I get married. I know myself well enough to know that work, school, and a husband is too much for me to handle at once. Something would be neglected and that would have no happy endings.

So that's the plan for now. Honestly, I'm not holding my breath about it. God has a way of ripping the rug out from under my plans. He does it all of the time. We'll see....

In the meantime, here are two very random thoughts on the lighter side: 1) Origins Charcoal Mask is the greatest thing ever and 2) New toothbrushes make me very happy.

What can I say...it's the little things in life that make you smile!

2 comments:

jenn said...

and when you have freshly brushed teeth with a new toothbrush, why not SMILE and show off those pearly whites!
I love you and am so blessed you are in my life and know just the right time to jump into my space (or ears or eyes) thank you

Amy said...

Perhaps God has interfered with your plans because His are better!? I'm glad to know you are rethinking the master's goal; you have a lot to offer the school community.


By the way, my mouth is already watering for those frickles!! I'm such an EASY target!!

Love you-