Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quitting

I am not a quitter. I hate doing it. I don't give up on people or quit jobs - no matter how hard they may be. I feel like a failure and a disapointment - even if only to myself.

Tonight I quit Sugar and Spice. Time conflicts and priorites keep interferring with rehersal times and practice. I feel bad about it because I feel like I am letting people down. Yet, with not being able to attend rehersals or practice, I would be doing that anyway. Basically, my choices were to 1) let people down and be honest about it or 2) let people down and pretend that I am 100% committed to it. Lose/lose is how it looks to me.

Quitting - it stinks!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Another wonderful quality you received from your father. Quit being so hard on yourself and count it as something to pick up again when life slows down a little. I'm so proud of you for ever giving it a try in the first place!!

Anonymous said...

i am very proud of your honesty...even when it hurts so bad, being honest is the best thing even if it's only to yourself. i know it hurts, and i know you feel bad about it, but listen to your mom and quit being so hard on my bestest girl!!
i love you!