Sunday, October 22, 2006

So much to say...

OK...This has been an amazing weekend thus far. There is much to tell so I'll try to make sense without writing a novel.

Friday night and Saturday morning was our Ladies Retreat. Despite some apprehension on my part, it was AMAZING! Healing is actually a better word. A lady from our congregation that unexpectedly lost her husband in June was our first speaker. She was absolutely inspirational. Think "Beth Moore meets Betty Rackley". OK, now you have an idea of this lady! She started off her session by having us all write down a few of our storms (past, present, and anticipated). Then, without our knowing, she posted them on the walls around the room. She spoke and touched all of our hearts. I took a few minutes at the end of the evening to read the walls. It was very humbling and sobering to see what all of the women were working through. It really put things in perspective. I didn't get to thank Sandy for her words until this morning at church. I hugged her and had a very moving short conversation with her. I cannot tell you how excited I am to know her. I hope she is added as a more permanent part of my life.

On the more fun side of the weekend, Alissa and I had such a great time! We found a couple of ladies that were closest to our age and kept them up until 3 a.m. with us. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a LONG time! Very good times!

After the retreat, I went to see my sweet friend Julie. It was SUCH an encouraging and uplifting visit! We talked at the Oasis under a beautiful clear sky and cool breeze. We took a quick nap and then saw a WONDERFUL movie called One Night with the King. It is based on the life of Esther. I have a new view of her and the woman that she was. For my home readers, it is in five San Antonio theaters and I would be more than happy meet any of you for another viewing! GO SEE IT! Ok...back on track...We went back to her place and had dinner with Charlie and visited some more. There is nothing better than having time with special friends!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

hi sweetie! i read the book (both biblical and non ha!!!) and i loved it - in fact i still have it. was wondering if it was any good - happy to hear it's chick flick quality.
love!!!!

Amy said...

So glad it was a good weekend; you truly deserved it!! God always puts in just what it is we are needing at those times.

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous that you got to see Julie! I do want to see one night with the king, but am busy for the next couple of weeks, that will be something i definately need to plan!!!! luvya

andrew said...

I'm glad you had a greatweekend. God always provides just what we need when we need. He will always take take of us. It's good to read of you laughing and making new friends/sisters.