Wednesday, February 01, 2012

My Good Life

Well, the annual event has happened. I am officially a year older. So to commemorate the day, I have decided to share 32 of my favorite things about my life today. So in no order at all and some very random levels of seriousness/depth, here are the things that I am celebrating each and every day:

1. When I Skype with Liz and Bladen, we still end our time with: "kiss, hug, high five, knucks, elbows, (blows kisses), Bye Aunt D! Bye!"

2. Erin and I can still attend events "together" at the same time. Tonight - a live stream with LPM. Didn't know she was tuning in too but it makes my heart happy that we can still do things "together".

3. Watching friendships bloom even though there is an ocean between us.

4. We will sing one of my new favorite songs at church this Friday. We've got a great worship leader!

5. I have legit time to read on the commute to and from work. It makes for some good use of time.

6. I have a good camera for the first time in my life. It makes getting a good shot so much fun!

7. There are some pretty amazing recipes out there on food blogs. Good thing you can't gain weight from reading about it!

8. I've met some pretty amazing people in the past few months. Some I would never have been friends with at home and I'm all the better for knowing them now.

9. Family can be more than the people you share genes with. I'm growing a new one right now.

10. Knowing someone so well that you can be on the same brain wave is pretty fun.

11. Having people you don't know pray exactly what you need can be humbling.

12. I'm aware of how behind I am in this statement but I LOVE Pink's Raise Your Glass. Can't hear it without dancing. Haven't been caught yet.... :)

13. Kisses on the cheeks from sweet kindergartners can melt my heart.

14. I'm dreaming of my summer plans. I'm going to be broke but it will be totally worth it!

15. So thankful for podcasts. They keep me grounded and sane.

16. I love that girls are girls and boys are boys. Even at five, the girls love to shop and the boys hate it - except for buying food. Then everyone loves shopping!

17. I love when Liz makes Geoffry dance in from of the webcam.

18. Fruit has always been my favorite food group. Now, I'm living where it is even more wonderful than anywhere else I've been.

19. In my current stage of life, I get to pay things off and see the world. Definitely a dream come true!

20. Even though I do not always understand the culture around me, I am so thankful to be out of my comfort zone. It was getting uncomfortable.

21. I really do know some amazing men. I'm surrounded by men who respect us, look out for us, and have fun with us. It's a huge blessing and breath of fresh air!

22. No matter how old I get, sarcasm is still one of my favorite things - in appropriate doses.

23. As much as I fought it, I love my Kindle.

24. As cold as it can get without a heater, my favorite thing to wear right now is my robe. So soft and cozy.

25. A cup of hot tea can solve all of the mind's problems.

26. I love to talk about Pintrest in front of my coworkers but so I can see them roll their eyes.

27. Even in a new place, I still like to hop up and down and clap my hands when excited. My inner four year old loves it.

28. Green is still the most beautiful color in the world.

29. I love having Fridays off of work. Even though our weekend is still only two days, there is something nice about not working on a Friday.

30. My assistant at school is not only the most amazing woman to work with, she has the sweetest heart I have met in Egypt. I don't know what I would do without her!

31. I have the most supportive family in the world.

32. I have a God who loves me enough to pursue me and push me to be better than I am.

No comments: