Friday, February 24, 2012

February Photo Challenge Catch Up

I missed a few days so I thought I would just use one post to catch you up on the past few photos. I think this is how I'll do things from here on out - once a week, update the past few photos. So here we go:

February 22: Where I Work
After nine years of teaching, I don't bring work home very often. I've learned how to use my time and know what to expect now. However, there are still times that work does come home. There is where I do it:

School work isn't the only work that gets done here. This is where I do bible study, plan vacations, apply to grad school, etc, etc, etc.... This chair is where I work at home.

Feburary 23: Shoes
Today was our first practice fire drill of the year. My kids this year respond to bribery better than fear so.... I may or may not have told them there was a prize for the quietest/straightest line in KG2 during the fire drill. They did great and (or course) won the prize. They nearly screamed with excitement when I shared that they had won "Stinky Feet" (no shoes afternoon for those of you that are not teachers).


February 24: Bathroom Cabinet
We are lucky in our apartment. We have a hall closet. Most places in Egypt don't have built in storage so we know how lucky we are. So here is half of my shelf in our closet.

Since certain items are so expensive here, I bring in my own supply of things needed to get me though the next semester. Don't laugh. One of those bottles of mouthwash costs $14 at my neighborhood market. Believe me, it's worth it to use my luggage weight this way! The other half of my shelf is my own personal pharmacy and optical care supplies. I'm well stocked.....

No comments: