Saturday, February 18, 2012

Drink

I love Miriam Market. They are expensive but they make my inner bratty American very happy. It's clean, organized (as organized as Egypt gets), the only market that doesn't stink, and they have the Mirry Men. I love the guys that work there. I can talk to them and they know how to interact with expat women. Interpret that to mean that they aren't creepy and gross. We are slowly learning their names and it is fun to get to know them.

Aside from the all of the wonderfulness that is listed above, one of my favorite things about Miriam is the fresh juice. Outside the shop, you see this machine.**



If you notice, there are oranges in this machine and they squeeze them on the spot as you order it. When you are finished shopping, you have your fresh juice waiting for you when you leave. It is YUMMY!



* Story of this picture: I was leaving Miriam and knew I wanted a picture of the machine to go with the post. Usually there is a woman there but today, it was Malek. I walked out and he was drinking tea. I asked him if I could take a picture of the machine and he got very excited. In true Egyptian fashion, he started posing for his photo shoot. He wanted to hold oranges and stand like he was working. When I said no, he tried different stances. I finally just took a quick picture and left (hence why its blurry). I think it totally made his day. On one hand, I'm glad you get to see an Egyptian picture. On the other hand, I'm going to be upset if he misread my wanting to take a photo......

No comments: