Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things that Make Me Happy - aka Anafora Retreat

I spent this weekend at Anafora - a Coptic retreat center just north of Cairo. A group of us are reading through The Good and Beautiful God together so we took off for the weekend to gel as a group. One way that I really get fed is by getting alone in nature. I took a lot of time to do this around their farm. Thankfully, I had my camera handy. I took well over 100 pictures but the blog is being stubborn. Here are a few of my favorite shots:

Blooming trees
I spent quite a bit of time in this chair soaking up the green fields, blue sky, clean air, and quiet. None of which I get in Cairo. It was so wonderful!
Palm lined path:
Palm leaves against the sky:
Palms in a green field:
The main chapel:
Baby wheat blowing in the wind:
Our rooms:

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

That looks wonderful.
So. Very. Jealous.
And happy for you, too.
;)