Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts

I have a pretty active imagination. I can out daydream anyone. This is a glimpes into one of those daydreams.

In my class I have these two students - Hoda and Kareem. They are the best of friends. They can't work together or sit by each other because they know they will not focus or pay attention at all. So when the opportunity arises where they are in the same group, they look at each other, smile, and say "YES!" They are sad when the other is absent and are pulled together like magnets.

In my mind, they are lifelong friends. They will go through AIS together and graduate in 2024 after a successful educational career together. They are both so smart and will go on to wonderful universities. They will stay in touch and get together once in a while. When they do, they will pull out these two pictures from Valentines Day in KG2. Neither knew what the other was writing until their amazing teacher pulled them aside and asked them to bring their work. They laughed for such a long time as they saw what the other had written. And then they will tell each other again how glad they were their KG2 teacher thought to snap a picture so they could look back on when their friendship began.




Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is precious,Dana!! I hope your daydreams come true for these little friends!!

Anonymous said...

Dana,

This is so sweet! I love how you love your students. I remember how nervous I was the first few weeks during my first year teaching at Wolfe. Then seeing you with your kids and hearing you talk about them made me thank God for giving me such a wonderful teacher to work with and learn from during my first year. I remember telling Jason all about you and how much you obviously loved your kids and put their heart needs before academics. You will be the teacher that those kids remember. You are awesome!!