Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hate - aka Adventures in Dinner

I don't use the word hate (in thought or verbally). I think it is one of those words that carries significant weight and causes significant hurt. So when I saw "hate" as something we needed to photograph today, I was at a loss. I mean, I am pretty picky about things and people I allow into my life. So finding something I hate was going to be hard. Until it was time to make dinner.



I hate, HATE, H.A.T.E touching raw meat. Chicken, beef, fish, - you name it, I hate to touch it. I will (because I like to eat) but I wash may hands like I have OCD whenever I'm handling meat.

On a side note - this dinner was an adventure. When I got home, I just wanted to make dinner and chill. It's a busy week full of responsibilities and even less time with my students than normal. Let's just say that this week, I am living for the weekend. Anyway, I put my things down, walked into the kitchen, flip the lightswitch, and there it was. The familiar pop of the light burning out. Decision time - do I forget it all and give in to Otlob or do the best I can in a dark kitchen? This is what I chose:



Thankfully I remembered my flashlight just minutes after I took this picture. Cooking by candle light and the glow of the computer. It's definitely a first. Based on the outcome, I'm thinking it was worth it:




(Honestly, did the fruit yesterday. Thankful for not too much chopping in the dark!)

No comments: