Friday, February 03, 2012

Hands

Tonight after church, we were trying to make a decision about what to do about dinner. By trying I mean that after the guys left, we girls couldn't make a decision about what to do. So we finally decided to just go to our neighbors' place and order dinner. As we waited, we all got something to drink and started catching up on life. Two of the girls had to step out of the room briefly and so Jen, Jenna, and I had some time to chat.

****Now, this is Jenna's first appearance on the blog so let me tell you some fun facts about her: Jenna is super welcoming to anyone she meets. She's got the gift of hospitality down. She loves her roommates and it shows. She's just a fun girl. We recently had a moment of shared Disney love that was fun. She loves Jesus and wants to love others as He loves them. Overall, I like her!

Back to tonight. Jenna will be leaving us this summer :( but she has some amazing opportunities before her :). So she got her tea, settled in, and started telling us about them. I'm not sure how it happened but the opportunities discussion turned into a prayer discussion that turned in to a "How we hear from God" discussion. As we talked, I remembered. I remembered what it's like to be vulnerable and frank about things like that. These conversations about God don't happen often here in Cairo let alone something as personal as prayer or hearing from God. This one lasted a matter of minutes before life/dinner turned the conversation. It was warm and comfortable. It was a moment full of trust - each one of us sharing our experiences - our pieces of us. It was a much needed few minutes. So here are Jenna's hands as she shares her upcoming opportunities and holds her tea. And we all know how I feel about hot tea.....

(I apologize for the dark, grainy photo. The camera in my bag died. Yea for phone cameras!)

No comments: