Friday, January 05, 2007

Shhhh......

One thing that I have realized since coming back from the break is that my apartment is VERY quiet. I can hear my neighbors from time to time but overall....very quiet! I was spoiled over the past two weeks by having someone to talk to. I don't mean only the huge, in depth conversations but also the little chatting conversations that tend to arise. It has been SO hard not to turn on the TV or radio just to fill the room with the presence of something (or someone) else. It's easy to take for granted the "Good morning! How did you sleep?" or "How was your day?" comments. The being still is good but very, very quiet. Don't be surprised if your phone rings. Just trying to fill the silence of home.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Great blog.

I love to be alone. I have no problem with my own company - in fact, I'm the only one who can put up with me - ha!!! But every so often, I need people. Usually Brymer or Nellie will do, but not always. Does that make me bad?

The Johnsons said...

Sounds like you could go for a Sarah. Uh, I mean, you could go for a cat. Sorry!

Wondering why my phone hasn't rung...

Jaci said...

I know how you feel. Especially right after Jarred leaves. Thats usually when EVERYTHING happens and I go to call him and realize I CANT call him. Well I can, but I wont be able to talk to him. Then I just call his phone (its turned off) and listen to his voice. How sad right???

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon! How is your day?? Call me anytime!

The Johnsons said...

Love the new picture! Jack said to tell you hello and that he misses you! Smelly dog...