Sunday, January 14, 2007

On my knees...

I wish that I were exaggerating about being on my knees I am as I type this blog (figuratively, not literally). Tonight, services were canceled due to our fun weather so I thought I would check out the series on Both/And churches that Jeff has been raving about. Now it is my turn. I am on my knees begging you to watch these sermons. They are about an hour each and the link is on Jeff's blog (link to the left). I know that many of you have heard about Richland Hills adding an instrumental service on Saturday nights. I saw the reaction when the news was shared and received. The sermons discuss the scripture that led to this decision as well as the reasoning for the addition of service. I cannot tell you how strongly I feel that this discussion be had. In the second half of part three, he goes into some very real statistics that the church is facing as well as some of the reasons that I attended Oak Hills for a while. You cannot understand that last 25 minutes until you hear the first two and a half parts. Seriously, listen or watch this series. I really want to discuss it with you but I can't discuss alone. This is more than a matter of music.

Thanks Jeff.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

hey! can't find an hour to listen to it in the cold computer room! how can i download it so I can listen to it without hypothermia?