Friday, April 18, 2008

Vanity and Peer Pressure

I guess I have to admit a need for affirmation. The first time I wacked all of my hair off, the first thing I did was call Jamie in a very high pitched, shocked squeak of a voice. He told me to come by work and show him so I did. I remember being SO nervous about it and he wa fully aware that his reaction would make or break my feelings on what I had just done. I saw his feet first and he slowly peaked around the signs on the door. He responded very well and all qualms went away. I just needed to know that I hadn't just made a huge mistake. Then as I walked into the house, I felt the same levels of apprehension until I got Mom and Dad's reactions. Again, they responded very well!


The same thing happened this time. Erin and Gregg gave me the initial boost right after the hair cut but I guess I still doubted it so much that I needed more. (Sorry Erin!) However, today at work definitely calmed me and I have actually grown to like it. Everyone, including the two men on campus, were really sweet about it. (Sidenote: I've never been called brave about any one thing so much! You would think that I had just completed some grand task. Kinda funny!) I'm still going to grow it out but until then, I'm going to enjoy the extra 10 - 15 minutes I have every morning NOT maintaining my hair. :) I have decided that I am a very sad individual for needing to be told I look nice.


So, I am giving into peer pressure and posting a couple of pictures of the new hair. Sorry for the school shirt and tired eyes. Hope you enjoy!


4 comments:

Darla said...

Yip! Looks cute.
Just as I figured.

Jackie said...

It's you, chick.

And I'm going in to make my more short.

Does that sound like I'm trying to one up?

No, just too lazy to do hair in the summer.

jenn said...

ah, dana, IT LOOKS GOOD!!!
it makes me want to cut mine, but not that short i haven't gone there in almost 10 years!
it's REALLY difficult to wait til the end of summer:) enjoy your cut, your time AND your compliments!
luvya♥

Amy said...

What a beautiful neck you have, my dear!!