Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Seeing God

It seems that within this past year or two, I have been able to see the hand of God working so specifically. I have seen Him move me both in maturity and spiritually. I've often wondered why it is now that I can see the daily work of our God. I've reached two conclusions.

First, I've been praying very specifically to see and hear Him in very obvious ways. I know that by asking for spiritual eyes to be opened, God will be faithful in His answer to those prayers.

The second conclusion that I have reached is that seeing God is, on some level, a choice. Throughout our day, we meet joys, obstacles, ups, and downs. I think that if we will stop and give credit to the one who is in control of the good, we will see God. Likewise, if we lean on Him in our hour of need, we will know His strength in our weakness. To know and see God is to seek Him. This is not a new thought by any stretch of the imagination. However, I have misunderstood the fullness of seeking God. Yes, seek His will and His work through His word but look further. Look into the daily grind to where God steps before us or beside us. If you give God credit for everything good thing, you will miss none of His blessings. If you hide is His shelter in the storms of life, you will miss none of His power and strength.

That is one of the biggest things I have learned in the past two-ish years. It only took a quarter of a century. No matter how slow I am to learn, He is faithful in His lessons. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Darla said...

I agree. It is difficult to direct someone else to see God because He was always there for us to see. We have just chosen not to see Him or give him credit.

It is wonderful when you can say, "I see God's hand at work in this."

Lately, God's hands have been busily working in the lives of family members all around me and drawing family together. It is more than I could have ever imagined.