Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

This morning, I was about to begin checking homework and folders when my phone vibrated. Knowing exactly who it was and what it was about, I ran into the hall to answer it. My kids have never seen me move that fast to their little eyes shot open as they watched me through the window. My phone is always off and put away. This was very strange. To them, I must have looked insane. There I was, a grown up, standing in the hallway listening to my cell phone, and jumping up and down. I'm sure they couldn't figure out why I was acting so crazy. What they didn't know was that I was on the phone with my sister being told that her baby waved at her.

Yep - My sister and brother-in-law are pregnant!

After having to keep it a secret for about a month, I ran in the room, turned the phone off, put it in the closet, and grabbed one of my students. Her mom is due in July and so I knew she would understand the joy of waiting for a baby. Her eyes got really big. She said, "You are going to be a really BIG, big sister!" I just laughed and told her that I am going to be an aunt.

Yep - I'm going to be an aunt. Not only am I going to be an aunt, but I'm going to be the best aunt this little one has. Really, I will be the favorite. As it's only aunt, it really doesn't have many options.

This is why I said I want to pamper my sweet Erin at least twice over the next year.

So now the fun begins!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You would be the best aunt even if you weren't the only one!! Lucky baby to have so much love and anticipation all around.

God is so good!!

Cryssy said...

Pampering is fun for both the giver and receiver. Enjoy every second because it goes so fast! And you'll be a great aunty.