Saturday, April 05, 2008

Revamping the List

I've been thinking about things I would like to do quite a bit lately. Some big things and some small. Over a year ago, September 2006 to be exact, I blogged a life list. A list of things that I would like to do before I die. Today, I went back and looked at it and was surprised that I am not as attached to some of those goals as I was a year and a half ago. So I have decided to revamp the list. This time, however, it will be a little different. Instead of a life list, here is a list of things that I would like to do before April of 2009:
  1. Lead a healthier, more active life.
  2. Finally get out from under this credit card!
  3. Visit the new co-cathedral.
  4. See the Pompeii exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.
  5. Run Houston's Half Marathon in January.
  6. Pamper my sister at least twice.
  7. To see, know, and love God better than I do today and to share that with others.
  8. To become a better swimmer.

Eight goals for 12 months in no particular order. They are all attainable and all something that I feel a deep desire for. In a year, I can look back at this and say that I did or did not meet these goals. There is no high and lofty "One day . . ." type of ideas. They are real and they are going to happen. A few of them are already in the works and I'll be writing more about those later. Until then . . . .

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Good luck on your list. Sounds like some fun things. If you haven't yet, register for the half marathon asap. It sold out VERY quickly last year. I'd hate for you to miss out because it was full.

Amy said...

Hmmmm - what; no pampering of the mother who gave you the life you are so desperately wanting to make meaningful.... where did I fail; how did I go wrong; was I too needy, too clingy....

Oh.

andrew said...

What is the co-cathedral?

The Johnsons said...

Despite Mom's need to attention and reflecting things on to her... I happen to like the pampering your sister item.

: )