Friday, April 18, 2008

Going....Going....Gone

About a week and a half ago, I decided it was time for a hair cut. The ends were bad and it was just time. I made my appointment and went to see Thu yesterday after school. I walked in thinking about going short enough to still have a ponytail. I walked out with something completely different.

As I sat in the chair, many things started running through my mind. I thought about running this summer in the muggy, humid Houston heat. I started thinking about the time I spend each morning on doing my hair. I thought about the amount of shedding I do each day because it is SO long. Then, what weighed on my mind the most was one of my little girls. She lives in a flea infested apartment and each day, discovers another one on her body, hair, or clothes. On Wednesday, she was showing me and it jumped on me. GROSS!

As I thought about all of these things, I heard myself say, "Do it" and the next thing I know, the scissors are going and it is too late to turn back.

I remember a while back when Erin came home with a cute hair cut that she didn't want. She cried and called Gregg. Mom and I laughed. I'm not laughing now. As silly as it sounds, I miss my hair! I'm not good at doing hair and now I look like I did when I was growing it out last time. It isn't a bad cut at all but I just wish I hadn't asked for it. I thought about posting pictures of it but I just really dislike it so much that I don't want to. I know that it is only hair - keep some perspective, Dana!

Oh well, here we go growing it out again...

4 comments:

Darla said...

I so completely understand. I have done the Erin thing every time I have cut my hair short. In 54 years I can still count how many times I have cut my hair short on one hand.

Two weeks!
Just a short two weeks will make a huge difference in how you think about it. One week to learn how to comb it. Then the second week to adjust to it. And then it has grown out enough to make a difference.

It is only hair but somehow we think it frames who we are instead of just our face.

I am sure it looks really cute.

jenn said...

iit is that hair cutting time of the year for us girls! it's always been march or april that we do this. I usually can't stand it and go way short without thinking that about a pony tail and am kicking myself in the summer when i have just enuff hair to make my neck hot AN I CAN"T PULL IT BACK! i am trying to wait until august, we'll see☺

i remember on year you cut it REALLY short and it was due to stress...that doesn't seem to be the case this time, so atleast you aren't stressed about 2 things!
i agree with Darla, 2 weeks.
and i'm sure it looks so cute!

Amy said...

You posted this at 3:59 am?!?! What on earth....

Alissa said...

I want a picture!!! I know it is not THAT bad! Come on.....