Saturday, September 02, 2006

WHOOP!

This is the weekend that I have been waiting for in baited anticipation but not for the same reasons as most of the world. Sure, the three days away from work is much needed. Sure, getting some things done around the house will be great. Hopefully some painting might be thrown in along the way. But the beauty of the weekend is today: College Football Season Begins! More specifically – Aggie Football! The game, traditions, pride, excitement. Who would pick anything else to do? I can’t watch my boys today but I can listen online. There are other games to watch and you can bet that I will! I can’t wait to see if Coach Fran can actually do his job! You see, here is the sickness that is the love of Aggie Football. While we were waiting to catch our flight out of Indy this summer, a guy was sitting across from us and I noticed his Aggie Ring. I nudged Jamie and “scratched my nose”. The guys immediately noticed my ring (YES!) and we were instantly involved in a conversation like old friends. The topic: Aggie Football. Let’s just say that we took longer to board than we should have. Jamie was packed up and ready to board and we are sitting there in mid conversation. (Our seats were reserved so no one was going to take them!) We discussed our irritation with Coach Fran and our anticipation for this season. We decided there would either be big wins or a new coach. He told me that he has had this conversation with several Old Ags and all are in agreement. We will watch and wait to see what our boys can do! Win or lose, you will find me doing the same thing each Saturday from now until bowl time.

So I am excited!!! Now you will have to excuse me, I have a game to watch. And if anyone is interested in watching, give me a call. I’ll be there!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

ok . . so football is the one with the wired shaped ball, right? made of some domesticaed animalss skin? gotta question; Coach Fran? why would a major college haire a woman to coach?

jenn said...

okay, now i KNOW not to call you for a while! you WILL be busy! i know, this is what makes you you and what makes us different! -well one of the things that makes us different! you enjoy the game! I, i will enjoy my family that are not wearing maroon and playing with the pigskin! luvya