Saturday, September 30, 2006

Huh!?

I am usually good pretty responsible but EVERYONE who knows me knows two things: 1) No matter how hard I try, if I am by myself I am always late for church and 2) I have a hard time getting dvds turned in on time. This evening I wanted to rent a movie to watch while I finished grading the papers from this week. I headed over to Hastings and, shock of all shocks, I had a late fee. I told the guy that I wanted to go ahead and pay it. As I was avoiding eye contact, he told me not to worry because earlier today someone came in with a $435 late fee! What!? How does that happen!? Ends up the guy forgot to turn in something like 6 movies. But still...come on! That's more than my car payment!

People never cease to amaze me.

5 comments:

Jaci said...

HOLY COW!!!! I would love to be a fly on the wall when that come ins to try and rent a movie and they tell him that .. LoLs .. thats why I dont rent movies .. I can never turn in anything on time .. go figure ..

Anonymous said...

i loved oay per view for that exact reason! but i am nowhere near as bad as my brother was...and growing up in small small small town texas we drove by the video store atleast twice a day!!!

The Johnsons said...

Wow. I sure hope that's more than your car payment! It's like our rent. Moron.

Amy said...

The day you have a car payment more than that, I'll know you've left teaching!!

jenn said...

sorry dana, i just noticed that i posted anonymously...i don't know how that happened, but it WAS an accident. sorry!