Saturday, September 09, 2006

The first 34

A few months ago, a friend asked me a very important question: "What do you want?" At the time, I thought I knew but the more I thought about it, the less certain I was about what I truly desired out of life. I have been thinking about it for about a month now. I realize now there is so much to want out of the short time we have. Erin recently posted her life list not knowing I was about to do this. Here is the beginning of mine. The list grows each day and is in no particular order. I've already crossed some off of the list so this is what I have yet to do. They range from the predictable and serious to the fun and surprising. Enjoy!

  1. Visit all 7 continents
  2. Visit all 50 states
  3. Get married
  4. Be published
  5. Live in a loft
  6. Live by a river
  7. See Barenaked Ladies live
  8. Go hand gliding
  9. Go parasailing
  10. Act in a play
  11. Get a master's degree
  12. Own a house
  13. Learn to parallel park
  14. Learn to give a good massage
  15. Take part in a protest
  16. Go on an archeological dig
  17. Learn yoga
  18. Meet Michael Buble
  19. Learn to tap dance
  20. Camp in a tent
  21. Hug someone involved in 9/11
  22. Speak at a Ladies' Retreat
  23. Go to Disney World
  24. Kiss in the rain
  25. Work in children's ministry
  26. Work with an adult literacy program
  27. Live somewhere cold
  28. Skinny dip
  29. Be well read
  30. Go to the Smithsonian
  31. Go to a clean, beautiful beach
  32. Have the classic grace and elegance of Audrey Hepburn
  33. Learn to make chicken and dumpling and homemade apple pie
  34. Go to as many musicals and theaters as I can

3 comments:

Jackie said...

great. now I gotta start a list! the scary thing is that I've donea lot of the stuff that you all (Erin) want to do. Does that make me old and wise? (GAG!)
But also, I found that my list is much smaller than yours and Erins. Age? Apathy? Fatigue? or what? There's a question for you! One to think of on the flight home.
love you.

Amy said...

I'm with you, Jackie, now I need a blasted list!! But I think I"ll do mine from a different angle.

Now, Dana. Nowhere do I see "live in Pleasanton and take care of Mom and Dad in their old age... :)"

You go, girl. I will love hearing about each and every adventure!

jenn said...

yes i was talking about your dadio! isn't he an AWESOME man! i lovehim!:)