Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Call

Everyday I think that I have something to blog about and then I either forget it or something bigger comes up. Tonight, it is the second of the two.

I got a call yesterday that my Erin was in a wreck. I didn't get too many details from Gregg other than she is OK. Tonight, I actually got to talk to her for half an hour. She told me exactly what happened and how bad it could have been. The car is pretty much totalled and she made the news (just to give you an idea of the gravity of the situation). I held it together on the phone but it took everything in me not to lose it when I got off.

I am SO thankful that she is OK. Sore, shaken, overwhelmed - yes. But even better - she's still here. The thought of losing her is beyond what I could bear. I've lost people close to me but to lose my sister would shatter my world. She is my strength and comfort. There's no way I could manage without her. She is the best thing God has ever given me and I am grateful he is letting me keep her a little longer!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Amen.

Cryssy said...

I'm so thankful that she is okay. I hate those kind of reality checks. Erin is a very special, wonderful woman and prayfully she'll be here for a long time to come.

jenn said...

i love the bond that the two of you have! i am thankful that you have each other and that you get to keep each other even longer!