Sunday, September 17, 2006

A&M 28, Army 24 - Enough said!

Yesterday was such a good day. Got up and worked in the classroom from 9:00 to 3:45. The apartment was cleaned and then came the first televised Aggie game of the season. Last night is what its all about. I didn’t realize how much I missed my team. By the time kick off occurred, I was about to come undone with excitement. While I couldn’t be there in person, I was 150% there in spirit and focus. The flea-flicker was amazing. The interceptions drove me nuts. Above all, that was a TENSE last 10 seconds! All I can say is Wrecking Crew! One of the best games I have seen in a while. Several of my friends were there in person and hearing them talk about yelling, sawing, the band, and the energy made me incredibly jealous. However, my friends Jeff and Alisa made up for any envy I felt 100 fold. They have invited me to see A&M vs. Nebraska in Kyle Field on November 11! I haven’t been able to go to a game since I graduated four years ago. I am so excited that I think I will explode. We are going to take in Midnight Yell and do the whole realm of traditions. I cannot wait! Gotta love good friends and Aggie football!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

the aggies 'flick fleas'? First they have a girl coach and now they have fleas? no wonder you are so crazy for them. What under - DOGS.... get it?

Oh, i crack myself up.

jenn said...

haha to you jackie!
I'm jealous of you now dana! after the game saturday, the boys and i talked about going to a game in Kyle field next! That was fun! I don't love the boys like you do---i'm never going to truly be an aggie fan (i'm a wildcat) but that was a great experience! I'm glad you were on the other end of the fone to share it with me! (i would've drove you crazy if you were sitting by me!!!:)

Amy said...

Dana - I'm so excited for you!!! What sweet friends they are to take you with them - I love them for their generosity of spirit!
Better set up your sub for the following Monday, 'cause you'll have NO voice, if I know you!! :)