Saturday, September 23, 2006

Momentary Want

There are not too many things that I want in live. Adventures, yes - things, no. Mom knowsthat I only want one thing for Christmas/birthday - an ipod. (There you go, Mom. It's in writing in case you forget). This morning I found another thing.

Jenn and Lin are still asleep and I am playing with Max. I take that back...I am being attacked by Max. Max is my Lin's cat and he is a unique one. He wears "pet-icures" to take the place of declawing so this time his claws are blue. He is a swatter but it doesn't hurt at all thanks to his "press on claws". He bites but will stop if you thump him. He also tears through the apartment at random times, tries to catch his tail while sitting on top of a book shelf, and has been known to swat at the mouse arrow on the computer. At the moment, my favorite thing about him is that he has a red dot on his back. Lin was dying her hair and he decided to see what she was doing. Hence, a red dot. Spastic is definitely a good word for him.

I want a cat. Something to love and play with at home. At the same time, I am NEVER at the apartment. It seems mean to get an animal and then never see it. I guess I'll settle for a nice plant. Yea, that will be fun...

6 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I think you need a cat. Being a teacher and coming home to something that will cuddle with you and play with you... I love Roarke and Gregg agrees there is nothing like having a pet to love! You not only need one, but you deserve one.

And No! because don't talk yourself out of it - they aren't that expensive. Get one from a shelter that way it has all it's shots, you'll know it's health history, and it's litter box trained. Then buy a litter box up front and after that it's just three things: litter (not expensive), food (not too expensive), and flea treatment (probably the most expensive...). Go for it! Take the plung! Become a pet owner - and do a good thing of giving a shelter cat a home. You are able to write off the cost/donation to the shelter, too!

Here's the link to shelters with cats available in San Marcos.
http://search.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi

Love you!

jenn said...

i was not asleeping whe you were blogging! but i'm sure i was when you started! I love you danagirl

The Johnsons said...

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6809351

This is Shanna... :)

Here's a link to a shelter in Kyle.
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/TX140.html

Okay. I'm done.

Jaci said...

oh a cat!!! I absolutely LOVED ours!!!!! (monkey) .. I definetely think you should get one .. everything erin said, I second it!!!!!

Jackie said...

DON'T DO IT DANA!!!!!!!
CURB THE IMPULSE!!!!!
IT'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!
BY THE CRUSTY TOES OF NEPTUNE - - FIGHT IT, DARLIN! YOU CAN DO THIS!




hey, we're serious about d.c. - k?
love you!

Cryssy said...

I think I'm with Jackie on this one. wink, wink. But if you insist on a cat and want one for free, my mom always has way too many to count.....