Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010

2010 has turned out to be quite a year. Despite some very trying seasons, I will remember it as one of my favorite so far. Here are a few of the events that made this year so memorable. Most link to a blog post about it:

Paintballing for the first time

In between events, I got to experience so many special "everyday" things. Talking about our precious Lord with Erin so often, loving on two adorable Johnson children, dinners on Friday nights with friends, growing a deeper understanding about love through my grandparents, gaining a greater appreciation for family, and a stronger desire for God.

The greatest lesson of this year was the importance of listening: to God speak, to breaking hearts, to great joys, to prayers, to people's passions, to each other. Not only listening but patient, open minded listening. It amazes me how important the act of keeping quiet can be. It's humbling and changes you. I still talk a lot but much less than I did this time last year.

Thank you, Lord, for standing stone moments that marked this year. Thank you for letting us see you move and do your work. Thank you for experiences that draw us so much closer to you. Thank you for the joy you brought us. Thank you for the tears you cried with us and dried for us. Above all, thank you for your presence with us, for going before us, and for pointing us all back to you. Praise you for the gift of 2010! All glory goes to you!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was just about to post a blog very similar to this one, but decided to wait a bit and gather my thoughts. This HAS been quite a year, through good and bad. Here's to 2011!!

The Johnsons said...

"Talking about our precious Lord with Erin so often ..." I'm certain this has meant more for me than to you. No argument. And the fact that you went skydiving before me... Still a little upset about that one. ;)