Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010

What a day! Never in a million years could I have imagined what my 30th birthday would look like. I am overwhelmed to the point of joyful, humbled, thankful tears! All day long, all I could think was, "Thank you, God!" As I drove along the highway, I couldn't shake how incredibly blessed I am.

Today wasn't just a big day for me. I got to have lunch with my incredibly amazing parents. Thirty years of their life turned over today. For 30 years, Mom and Dad have provided for me and supported me. They have taught me what it means to love in every way. They have laughed with me and cried with me. They have loved me through it all. They hope for me and with me. I have spent hours today flashing back to moments with them, both sweet and silly. Not many people today can remember 30 years with their parents together. That blessing is not lost on me. They have introduced me to the greatest Love of my life and for that I am (literally) eternally grateful. No greater gift.....

My amazing sister and her family humble me greatly. Even though it was difficult, they loaded both kids up to come eat pancakes with me. Only love.... My sister is wonderful! I do not remember life without her. She has fought with me and for me. She has been my confidant and has given me confidence. She is loving and lovable. And I couldn't imagine one step of my life without her. She has given me a brother. Gregg is such a joy. From messing with each other to sharing his wisdom when needed, he is a gift of God I could never have know to ask for. And the kids! Liz and Bladen have only been here a very short part of the past 30 years but have brought a new love and joy to life than I have ever known.

Friends both old and new have been a part of today. Laughing, catching up, and accepting me just as I am but pushing me to be better. Teaching me about the family that extends beyond blood. Each one having a different role and significance in this life.

Yet, even as overwhelming as all of these blessings are, they are just examples of the beautiful life God has given me. Yes, there have been bumps along the road but I am convinced that God has gone every step of the past 30 years with me - whether I knew it of not. That is the greatest blessing of all!

Between highways and side streets, pancakes and german chocolate cake, family and friends, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I couldn't ask for a better 30 years. Thank you, Father, for giving me such an abundant life!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

as each minute clicks by, I am buried under the weight of Gods love. Buried in a good way . . .no, a great way.

Happy birthday, darlin!