Sunday, December 05, 2010

Smiling in the Rain

This morning my car broke down. On the way to church this morning, it just started downshifting on its own and without reason. Well, I'm sure there is a reason. I'm just a girl that doesn't know much about cars. For me, this is a very scary thing. Something I don't understand or know how to fix. In other words, the potential for a bad day. However, it turned into a very good one. So, since I like lists so much, here are all of the reasons why the car breaking down wasn't such a bad thing:

- I was on the access road, NOT I-10, pulling into a parking lot.
- I was running late for church so there were no other cars around me.
- I got ahold of Erin on her phone which she usually leaves at home on Sunday mornings.
- I got ahold of Erin (and therefore Dad), as they are saying goodbye to get back on the road to go back to Pleasanton.
- Once I was able to talk to Dad, we were able to figure out what to do in a sensible way that I couldn't see before.
- Dad was able to rule out scary things that could be wrong with the car.
- I got to meet an interesting Lebanese man for 20 minutes to whom I will never speak again.
- I got to spend some extra, unplanned time with Mom and Dad.
- I got a day to relax at home with no guilt whatsoever.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Great attitude! I need to try your approach today- focusing on the good- because my kiddos are having a rough day! :)