Wednesday, March 05, 2008

High Fashion

I'm not sure how it happened but I got really caught up in Project Runway this season. Tonight was the finale. My favorite designer didn't win but the one who won deserved every ounce of the winnings. I don't know how they could choose from the top three - they were all so talented! I am literally very excited for the winner and what this means for his dreams to come true. He is only 21 and about to start his own line! What an opportunity he has been given! I cannot wait for season five!

I have never been someone that is very into fashion - especially high fashion. It has been lost on me for so long. However, watching this series, I have a new found appreciation for it. I am one who believes very strongly in finding a passion and finding an avenue of self expression. After watching these designers work so lovingly and with such conviction, I no longer see runway shows and high fashion as silly and "fluff". I have grown to see it as an art form. What a lovely talent it is!

2 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

You're so cute, Dana! I love your excitement for things!

Alissa said...

I am so with you on this! I have never watched the show before this season, but something about this season made me keep coming back for more. I read the first sentence of your blog and couldn't read any more 'til just now because I hadn't seen the finally yet. Next time, put a spoiler warning will ya? you almost totally ruined it for me! You are so fierce!! Love you