Friday, February 29, 2008

Kneading God

I just got home from the best hour of my week. It has been a VERY stressful past two weeks and my neck/shoulders/back were feeling it, so, darn it, I went to get a message. FABULOUS! I absolutely look forward to every time I get one. I look forward to it for many reasons. Obviously the physical benefits are outstanding. Working out knots and working muscles can do such wonders! However, almost more than that, I look forward to the atmosphere: dim lights, relaxing instrumental music, warm table, and comfortable temperature. I empty all thought from my mind and just enjoy.

One of the best things about massages is that even though you go in hoping to get one area addressed, I am always surprised by the other areas that get worked out too. Tonight, I was looking forward to the areas I mentioned above but when she got to my arms...WOW! I didn't even know I needed that worked on too!

Isn't that the way it is with God? We go to Him for a specific hurt or concern and He surprises us with so many other areas He can address. Funny thing is, most of the time we didn't even know we were hurting there. All we had to do was put ourselves in His hand, be still and quiet before Him, and let Him do His work. He is there to help us in so many ways we weren't even anticipating.

What wonderful hands they are!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

That was beautiful, Dana. Thank you!