Sunday, March 09, 2008

Through Jesus Colored Glasses

Today in class, our instructor made a statement that really made an impression on me. I thought I would share it with you. We were briefly reviewing what the Jews were looking for in a savior and how, for many of them, their own sights made them miss the mark. Others, however, saw Jesus in all his glory. Reid commented that the same can be said of us today. We were asked to stop and think about what comes to our mind when we think about who Christ was in the flesh and who He is today. We shared and then he said something along these lines: The way that you view Christ (and how you think He is) is the way you live out your daily Christianity. How you see Him is reflected in the way we follow Him. For example, say that someone sees God as the Celestial Sherrif. That person will live out their Christianity making sure all of their T's are crossed and their I's are dotted so they aren't "caught". Another person may see God as the grandpa rocking on the front porch watching the world go by but overall not really aware. This person may live out their Christanity in a more vague way because they believe that God isn't really watching too closely.

It got me thinking about how I see Christ. For me, He is fulfillment and completion. From before time began to when it will end, Christ has fulfilled all things. He has never failed to live up to perfection and has completed every prophesy of the savior of the world. He fills in every empty blank I have. I understand His name of "I am" because there is no single name that fits Him. He is everything that I have ever needed and so much more. The other way that I see Christ is as a healer. He heals broken hearts, broken relationships, and broken dreams. He even goes one step further by replacing our brokeness with soemthing more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. That is how I see Christ.

How about you? When you think of Christ, what do you see?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Christ is. to me, a listener. Someone who always is there, at my shoulder, ready to touch my hair. He remains. He aches to stand up for me. He lets me cry. He laughes out loud at my antics. He hugs. He won't let me go, NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

My Christ is my love. He is the only One who adores me.

Jackie said...

e me. I need your email address.