Saturday, June 30, 2007

Setting the Bar

This past week, I have spent about 11 hours in the car. I've been to Austin, Houston, back to Austin, Pleasanton, and back to San Marcos. Nuts! There are a lot of AMAZING things that I would say about the past six days but I'll not drive you nuts. Instead, I'll share something that I was reminded about while in Houston.

A little bit before 7:00 on Wednesday night, Erin, Gregg, and I were sitting around talking about what to do that night. Erin turned to me with a twinkle in her eye and mentioned that Sweet Charity was playing at Sarofim Hall. We jumped on line to play with the thought and saw that our price range had seats available. When Erin mentioned this aloud, Gregg told us to go. We both looked at him and said, "Really!!?" He said yes. We were dressed and out the door in less than five minutes. We made it to the theater district, bought tickets, and ate before the show started at 8:00. It was so much better than what we had seen in New York.

That is one of many things that I love about Gregg. He lets my sister do artsy things (like shows) with me. She is the first one that I call for those types of things. I'm pretty blessed to have an amazingly understanding brother-in-law that will send his wife off on weekends, trips, shows, and museums with me once in a while. For all I know, Gregg may be thankful for me because I get him out of some of the things he doesn't necessarily want to do. I understand that these aren't really his thing but I think that is part of what makes their relationship so strong. While they are definitely "Erin and Gregg", he is still "Gregg" and she is still "Erin". He has basketball and poker while she has Beth Moore and girls' nights. They share what is important to each other but also have their own things that they love and do. They have learned new things to enjoy from each other but they have also kept their own individualities I have to say, that is something that I really hope I have one day. They have set the bar for me and Gregg has set a bar for his future brother-in-law. I am thankful that he understands out close relationship. Yep, Gregg is pretty great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks, Dana, you made me blush. Thanks for building up that ego of mine. =)