Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What!?

So today was the interview in San Antonio at 2:00. I made sure I looked professional, went through the portfolio, jumped in the car to SA, and got there 10 minutes early (yep, you read that right - early). They had a questionaire about who I do and don't like to work with, philosophy, etc. When the vice principal came out, he was very nice. Then he dropped the bomb. They had just received a phone call that there would be a new principal next year and that all interviews were being canceled until they got to meet with him - starting with mine. The said that they would be calling all applicants to reschedule after they spoke with the new boss. That's right - my interview was canceled before it even began. I was a polite about it, of course, shook his hand, and drove back home. All I could think as I walked out of the school was, "OK God, what did you mean by that one?"

5 comments:

Cryssy said...

Maybe God is keeping you from getting too set on staying where you are but isn't ready to let you know where yet. Don't question it..go with it. Remember His ways are not our ways...which I'm totally thankful for!!

Darla said...

Total agreement with Cryssy.

Hang in there.

You know you can not make a wrong decision here. God will be with you wherever you go.

Jackie said...

Or it ccould be satan doin his best to keep you from a great great thing that will only strengthen you. That would tick him off big time.
Hmmmmm

andrew said...

I've been rethinking my God-vs.-Satan-directing-our-thoughts-and-lives thing. In short, if we are truly to be Cristians and if we truly believe that we are guided marked in our lives by the Holy Spirit and if we truly put our lives in God's hands, then there is no room for Satan in our decision making process. And, therefore, all out decisions are in God's hands.

Jackie said...

Wow, Andy. Couldn't disagree more. If so, then where is the freedom of coice? Where is the 'prowling around looking for someone to devour?' where is the tempter that did his best (and failed) with Christ?

Guess I need to talk to you in person. I think satan is real and powerful and NEVER gives up, no matter how much we put our faith in God. (In fact, that probably makes him more determined.)