Monday, June 04, 2007

Prayers for a Monday

I few weeks ago, I announced that I was going to stay on in San Marcos for another year. Professionally, it is by far the BEST decision I could make. I won't go into the praises for my school district again so you can be thankful for that.

Then, last weekend, I got to spend hours with my friends at Caleb's house. I laughed more in that night than I had in the past few weeks combined. When I got home the next day, the apartment was quiet and it made me realize what I am sacrificing for my wonderful job. Again, I have been torn about next year. I've been in a out of prayer for the past week about which is more important: the job I love and spend most of my days doing or the people that I love. Should be a no brainer but for some reason, it's not.

This morning, I woke up at 5:00 burdened about next year. I laid in bed and prayed for almost an hour. As I was getting ready for work, the DJs that I listen to were offering up career advice about staying in one place to establish yourself. Then, as I was about to walk out the door, I got a call from an elementary in San Antonio. We set up an interview for 2:00 tomorrow. I got off the phone and couldn't breathe at the idea of leaving my school. In proximity to the people I love, it would only put me 15 minutes closer.

HELP!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you
-linnie-

Darla said...

I will not attempt to sway your decision, not that I could but I want to add one more time how much I believe in prayer.

Had it not been for prayers I would not be where I am today. I could tell you stories that would give you chills but that is for another day.

I love you. Keep praying. I will petition God on your behalf also.

I love you.

Jackie said...

It's so hard to pray honestly when I want you closer so bad. We may not spend much time together, but I miss your little face.

I'll try to be good. PLEASE keep us updated.

BTW, I'm with the crowd on the 'i love you' thing.

The Johnsons said...

about the being only 15 minutes closer to your friends... you could live 20 minutes on the other side of the school and then be 35 minutes closer to your friends!

you'll have a better idea after your interview tomorrow - good luck!

we love you and obviously praying for you, too.

jenn said...

i like erin's comment about being 35 minutes closer to your friends! um...US!!!!!:) i know this waiting for the answer thing is hard! but you can do it. i am praying for you and you already kno i love you!

btw thanks for your support today and for letting me whine! :) luv ya! i hope you get to talk to SA soon!

Jeff said...

prayers are going up for you here. remember, you've got friends up north too! We love you and know that whatever decision you make will be the right one.