Friday, June 22, 2007

Not So Sweet Dreams!

I think that it is funny to hear people talk about dreams. To me, they are usually great fun. I have all 5 senses in my dreams so everything is VERY detailed. They are either vividly realistic or hysterically absurd. I very rarely have bad/disturbing dreams - only about once every two years. Last night was one of those nights.

I was at a friends house in their backyard. It was a very pleasant evening with a gentle breeze. The yard was filled with majestic oaks and cool, dew kissed carpet grass, We all ran around barefooted. Their dog was leashed to a zipline so he could run without actually jumping on us. We were tossing a frisbee as the dog tried to keep up. My friend's wife came out and asked him to come in to help her for a minute. We all collapsed upon blankets and stared at the star filled sky. We saw a piece of a space station that had been separated from the main unit float parallel to the earth. As we looked closer, we noticed that something red was appearing right above it. Breaking through the night sky, a HUGE, fire kissed meteor came out of nowhere. We watched it fall towards the earth south of the horizon. We knew two things: it was going to be very loud when it hit and this was it. I covered my ears and rolled from my back onto my right side in the fetal position. The meteor collided with earth and the blast was shattering. I felt the sound waves carry me off of the blanket and float me out into the sky. As I continued to feel the push of blast behind me and the pull of space before me, all that I could calmly think was "I'm ready now. Come take me home."

When I woke up, the clock said 5:30 and I was as clammy as a sick person. My heart was racing and it took a few moments to realize where I was. It took me a while but I finally went back to sleep. This time, I dreamed of a road trip to California. Back to my usual dreams. However, today, the meteor dream is the one sticking with me.

1 comment:

The Coburns said...

I can see why that dream would stick with you. Do you have a few interpretations in mind?

Hey, I also wanted to tell you that I got a 4th grade position in La Vernia. Crazy! Isn't that what you currently teach? I am looking for any advice/ideas. If you have time, my e-mail is ashleykaye04@yahoo.com. Hope everything is going well.