Friday, June 01, 2007

Good Friday!

Another year is under my belt. Today, I hugged my kids and sent them off to their summer vacations. Next year they will enter 5th grade on a new campus. Many have promised to come see me on back to school night when younger brothers and sisters are meeting new teachers. This group of kids has been so special to me. For the past 9 months, they have been my world. I have gotten so attached to them that it gives me hope towards the possibility of being a mom some day. They are lovable even when they made me crazy. I don't know how I could love any children more than I do these. I will miss them. (Sorry for no faces - privacy laws.... but aren't the back of their heads cute!)
To celebrate surviving the year with my angels, I met Todd for dinner in New Braunfels. It was pretty perfect because just as I love my kids like no other, I love Todd like no other friend. We have a very unique friendship. Sometimes we go a couple of weeks between seeing each other but we care about each other very much. I'm pretty sure that the best thing to compare our relationship to would be an amazingly close older brother and younger sister. He calls me "kiddo" and is probably the only one who could do that without annoying me to death. He is very protective and encouraging but also the biggest goofball - ADHD does not begin to describe him. There is no other Todd.


So this day was filled with some of the people that I love most in this world. What a great day!

No comments: